Lead the team that answers important risk-and-reward decisions about which images may unmask significant risks — and which can disclose hidden opportunities. Weather Analytics is seeking a motivated, self-starting Director of Imagery Analytics to guide the market’s leading imagery analytics program for insurers.
This position will be responsible for developing machine-learning algorithms to analyze and identify key attributes from aerial and satellite imagery. You will work in Data Science and in partnership with meteorologists, engineers, product designers, business developers, and agronomists. This position will spearhead creating and managing the processes and analytics behind one of the most innovative sectors of our business.
Weather Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a client-centric, collaborative environment, can demonstrate critical thinking skills, and present and explain complex ideas to a group. Open communication and working well with others is key.
Strong candidates will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication, consistent follow-through and outstanding time-management skills. Successful applicants will be able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and deliver quality results under pressure, at times handling a wide variety of tasks.
This position represents a fantastic opportunity to lead and develop a new business venture and join a young, fast-growing tech startup company in New England.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Advise and direct company strategy and product development in the field of imagery analytics
- Work in concert with strategic partners to deliver quality products to customers
- Develop complex machine learning algorithms to analyze and identify key attributes in images that are important to customers in a wide variety of applications
- Help identify and source images with an array of resolutions in concert with key suppliers and business partners
- Research, propose and manage expense budgets
- Engage with clients to discern their most important needs, gather user requirements and architect solutions
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and two years of work experience or equivalent experience
- Background and experience in machine learning, neural networks, signal processing, optimization detection & estimation, stochastic systems, applied statistics, and/or control
- Experience with training and running deep convolutional neural networks
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of focus on quality and accuracy
- Complete discretion and understanding of requirements to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and protect sensitive information
- Weather Analytics offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package
- The position will be located at our office in Dover, NH
About Weather Analytics:
Weather Analytics has built the world’s most comprehensive and precise online database of historic, current and forecast weather, and soil information. We collect, rationalize, and visualize data from 196 countries and all the oceans to help answer important risk-and-reward questions for our clients.
Weather Analytics scientists, data architects and engineers have created hundreds of proprietary algorithms for these decision-support applications. We serve the U.S. Intelligence Community, Department of Homeland Security, and the Insurance Sector.
Executives from LexisNexis formed Weather Analytics in 2012 to productize and monetize this database. It was created over a ten-year period by a former senior scientist at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. We have offices in Washington, DC, and Dover, NH.
Weather Analytics is a portfolio company of In-Q-Tel, the venture arm of the U.S. Intelligence Community. Our largest investor is the global insurance firm Tokio Marine.